Information Collection & Use
With your consent, we use the information you give us to collect your donations and keep our webpages up to date. This helps keep all our supporters (you!) and potential supporters in the know about how and what we’re doing here at Global Fund for Widows. This data may also be used for other legitimate purposes, as you can see below.
We collect your data in these ways when you visit our site:
Information You Give Voluntarily
- Signing up to receive our emails will enable us to deliver regular updates directly to your email inbox, including: updates keeping you informed about our global movement, information about upcoming relevant events, and calls to act and make a difference. When you enroll, your information may also be used to influence online advertising and social media outlets.
- Upon filling out petitions or online forms, like in sending messages of support, signing up for an event, completing a survey, and other online forms you encounter via our website, your name, email address, street address, telephone number, and other given information is collected when you choose to share with us.
- When you make a donation, you will be required to fill out a donation form on which you will need to provide contact and financial information. Contact information, like name, email, and street address, as well as financial information, including card number and expiration date, are used for billing purposes, so your donation can be processed and a receipt can be provided. This information is also used when communicating with you to provide a tax receipt and solving any unforeseen problems with your order. The credit card processing company we use to process payments does not keep, share, store, retain, or otherwise use your personal information except to process the order at hand. Never will this information be used for any secondary purposes
- When you communicate with us online, including by our request, we at times collect and/or keep the information you provide, possibly including your name, email, street address, telephone number, and other information shared. We can be reached at email@example.com to request an update in your contact information, to inquire about making a gift, or for any inquiries you have.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Visit Our Site
Cookies is meant to make your experience on our site easier, and it helps us with several things too. Cookies allows us to analyze data on site traffic and share information we collect with trusted partners working in social media, advertising, and analytics. Some of these partners include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Google Analytics.
To oversee the site, track how visitors use the site, collect broad demographic information, and analyze trends, we use IP addresses, from which no personally identifiable information is available.
We always aim to preserve user privacy by doing all we can to protect your information, but at times we may be required by law to disclose personal information when our better judgment tells us the disclosure is necessary to comply with a law enforcement investigation, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process having to do with our site.
Direct Mail Information Sharing
We will only use your information within GFW for the purposes for which it was obtained, unless you have explicitly agreed that we may share your information with another organization. Sometimes we may contract third parties to process your information on our behalf. We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).
Our site at Global Fund for Widows does all we can to protect our users’ information, including protections both off- and on-line for sensitive information submitted via our site.
Online, our donation and order forms sometimes require sensitive information, including credit card numbers. In order to protect the information you provide in these sensitive areas, we use the best and most trusted encryption software in the industry – SSL – to encrypt that data. When the lock icon on the bottom of your web browser is in the locked position, that page is Secure, as a result of this software. Secure pages on our site include but may not be limited to donation and order forms.
Offline, we work to protect user information by restricting physical copies of user information within our offices and by securing the physical space in which our servers are kept.
Any inquiries about the security of our environment and site can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Options for Updating, Correcting, & Changing
How We Use & Delete Personal Information
Though we encourage you to subscribe to our site, we only want you to receive material that is relevant and interesting to you. You are free to unsubscribe to our communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” button in the footer of our emails.
- Unsubscribe from direct mail…
- Opt out of including your name on shared lists with other organizations for direct mail purposes…
- Update your contact information or request to be removed from our database…
Please contact email@example.com with your request.